How to clean and care for your Egyptian cotton towels
Plush, fluffy towels feel wonderful, just like being in a spa every day!
To keep your scooms Egyptian cotton towels in tip top condition:
- Wash before use and then weekly.
- Machine wash at 30° - 40° using non-bio (enzyme free) detergent.
- Fabric softener can reduce absorbency so it is best not to use it but if you do, use it sparingly.
- Line dry or tumble dry at low heat - use our Wool Dryer Balls to reduce tumble drying time and add a little extra softness without using chemicals.
- If you use ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide in your skincare routine or suncream, we recommend white towels, as these chemicals can discolour coloured towels.
- Don't use detergents or stain removers containing optical brighteners or bleach, as these may leave marks your towels.
OUR TIPS FOR WASHING YOUR EGYPTIAN COTTON TOWELS:
Separate your laundry and wash similar colours, whites and fabrics together.
- Don’t over fill your washing machine or tumble dryer. Give them space to do their job.
- Use a good quality laundry detergent which works well at lower temperatures. It's more environmentally friendly.
- Different fabrics dry at different speeds. We suggest tumble drying similar fabrics together.
- Make sure your towels are fully dry before folding them or putting them in a cupboard.
- Fabric softener can ‘clog up’ all those lovely soft zero twist loops in your scooms towels that act like thousands of mini sponges. That’s why we don’t suggest using it. Our towels are so soft, you won’t need fabric softener in any case!
TOP TOWEL CARE FAQS:
How to keep towels soft?
The best way to keep towels soft is to wash them correctly. They should be machine washed at 30°- 40° once a week using a non-bio (enzyme free) detergent. It is best not to use fabric conditioner. Towels can get stiff and lose absorbency when they clog up with washing powder and fabric conditioner.
What temperature to wash towels?
Towels should be machine washed at 30°- 40 once a week using a non-bio (enzyme free) detergent Modern detergents are so good at their job, that there's no need to wash towels at a higher temperature. It's also kinder to the environment..
How to wash towels to keep them soft?
Washing detergent and fabric conditioner can clog up the fibres in your towel, reducing the softness. The best way to wash towels to keep them soft is to machine wash at 30° - 40°, use a quality detergent sparingly and don't use fabric conditioner. Tumble dry with wool dryer balls or air dry.
How to make towels fluffy again?
Towels can get stiff when they clog up with washing powder and fabric conditioner. You need to remove this to make your towels fluffy again. Wash once using vinegar instead of detergent and a second time using baking soda instead of detergent. Tumble dry with dryer balls or air dry in the wind. If your towels are old they may just need replacing.