To keep your scooms goose down duvet in tip top condition:
- Shake your duvet after opening and then daily to keep the goose down fluffy and airy, and insulating at its best.
- Always protect your scooms duvet with a duvet cover, preferably cotton or linen which are breathable and change to a fresh duvet cover once a week.
- An overly tight duvet protector or duvet cover will squash the down and affect the loft.
- Pull back your covers every morning to allow your down duvet to breathe and any moisture to evaporate.
- Machine wash at 40° every 6-12 months - you may need to take your duvet to the laundrette unless you have a large drum capacity machine.
- Use non-bio (enzyme free) detergent - about a third of the usual amount.
- Line dry or preferably tumble dry on a low heat setting. Your duvet will need around 90 minutes in the dryer and should be taken out when it is nearly dry and then hung up to dry for the last 24 hours or so at home.
- Shake the duvet several times during drying to prevent clumping.
- Use our Wool Tumble Dryer Balls to keep the down filling aerated and to reduce drying time.
- Make sure your duvet filling is completely dry before you place your duvet in a duvet cover.
- Replace your duvet every five to seven years to keep your bedding fresh.
- Love your scooms duvet and it will love you.
See our full guide to How to clean and care for your scooms duvet.