Mulberry Silk Eye Mask
Our Mulberry silk eye masks prevent unwanted light from disrupting your sleep while skin-friendly properties help protect against frown lines and eye creases. The essential luxury sleep accessory!
- 100% pure Mulberry silk: finest 6A grade, 22 momme - including filling, internal liner & headband covering.
- Silky-smooth & softly padded, with a gentle elasticated headband.
- Naturally breathable, cooling and moisture retaining.
- Hypoallergenic with natural anti-bacterial properties.
- OEKO-TEX certified: free from chemicals and toxins.
- Size: 20.5 x 8.5cm (w x l) - fits best with strap below the broadest part of your head, just above your ears.
- Hand wash gently in cold water, do not tumble dry or use bleach.
- Comes in a lovely Mulberry silk drawstring bag, delivered in plastic free, recyclable packaging.
Free delivery: Sent by 1st class post if ordered as a single item.
Slip on a silk eye mask to get a better night's sleep at home and restful nights when travelling.
There are many benefits to using a silk eye mask:
Improved sleep - The scooms silk eye mask blocks out the light improving the quality of your sleep. It's vital for a good night's sleep that your sleep environment is dark enough so that your body knows that it's night time and can easily switch into sleep mode. If your curtains or blinds are not fully keeping out the light, a sleep mask can be an ideal solution.
Beauty sleep - A night-long beauty treatment while you sleep! Silk contains naturally occurring proteins and oils that help care for your skin, as well as anti-bacterial properties. This luxurious fabric also keeps your skin more hydrated, maintaining it's natural moisture level as it draws less moisture away from your face. The super soft texture lacks friction so it won't leave creases on your skin or pull at your hair while you sleep. All helping to lead to a smoother complexion.
Reduced frown lines - Light disturbances while you sleep can cause you to frown at night, contributing to lines and wrinkles. Our silk eye mask feels weightless on your face and stays put all night shielding your eyes from any unwanted light and helping protect against premature wrinkles.
Temperature regulating - Naturally cool to the touch and breathable but also insulating, so it's perfect for all seasons.
Easy to wear - Gentle on the skin and your delicate eye area, as well as being hypoallergenic. Our silk eye mask won't crease or tug on your skin, or pull on your hair. Lightweight with a gently elasticated silk covered strap to make sure your eye mask stays put all night long. Fits best if strap sits below the broadest part of your head, just above the top of your ears.
Eye mask care
How to clean your silk eye mask:
- Hand wash gently with cold water.
- PH neutral or silk-specific detergent.
- Do not tumble dry & dry away from direct sunlight.
- After washing, excess water can be squeezed out by gently pressing the eye mask in a folded towel.
- Do not bleach or use stain removers.
- Best used with freshly cleaned skin free from make up or chemical products that may stain the delicate fabric.
Mulberry silk is spun by silkworms who feed on mulberry leaves and is the best silk you can buy for use in silk bedding and clothes. Mulberry silk is incredibly soft and durable.
What does 6A grade silk mean?
Silk is graded on an A, B, C scale. Each letter referencing a different type of silk product quality. 'A' being the finest, highest quality silk product and 'C' being the lowest. The additional number takes the grading a step further, '6A' being better quality than '5A'. So when you see a silk product that is graded 6A, you can be sure that it is the highest quality for that specific type of silk.
What is 22-Momme?
Momme is a unit of measurement, much like thread count for cotton. You can’t use thread count to measure silk because silk fibres are much thinner in diameter, so momme is used instead.
Momme describes the silk’s weight and density. Higher momme measurements mean there are more strands of silk per 100 yards of fabric, so the silk is higher quality and more durable. For example, If the weight of the fabric is 19 pounds, the momme measurement will be '19-momme'.
Momme measurements range from 11-momme to 25-momme. However, 25-Momme is much too heavy for clothes or bedding and is usually used for homeware such as curtains.
22-Momme is the ideal momme measurement for the best quality silk bedding or clothing.
Feels so lovely to wear and it comes in really nice colours. You may want to go for a darker colour to make it super blackout...