How to clean & care for your linen bedding
Our linen bedding has been pre-washed so it is up to you whether you choose to wash it before use. We gently garment wash our linen in small batches to relax the fibres resulting in soft, supple and amazingly comfortable bedding from night one.
You can wash our linen bed sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases in the washing machine. Just follow the instructions on the care label. We recommend that you wash your linen bedding every 7 to 10 days.
Your linen's naturally crumpled texture and super-soft feel will improve with each wash. Plus, there's no need to iron!
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR LINEN BEDDING
To keep your scooms linen bedding in tip top condition:
- Wash your linen separately using mild detergent at 40° or go greener at 30°.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- Tumble dry at lower heat - use our Wool Dryer Balls to reduce drying time and creases naturally.
- Iron damp if desired being careful not to iron too hot and scorch the linen.
- Store your linen set inside your pillowcase so that it's always easy to find.
- Linen is the world's strongest and most durable natural fabric, so look after your scooms linen bedding well and it will last a long time.
OUR TIPS FOR CLEANING YOUR LINEN SHEETS & BEDDING:
- Divide your linen from the rest of your laundry and wash your linen whites and colours separately.
- Use a good quality mild laundry detergent which works well at lower temperatures.
- No need to iron your linen bedding, remove it from the dryer or line when it is still slightly damp and then make your bed immediately to reduce wrinkles. Smooth down your linen sheets and covers and pull taut to minimise creases.
Also in Bed linen care
Experts say that you should change your bed sheets, pillowcases and duvet covers once a week or at the most every two weeks.