There are two easy ways to put on a duvet cover; the traditional way and the rolling method.
The traditional way to put on a duvet cover:
- Lay your duvet flat on top of your mattress so that it’s fully spread out.
- Turn your duvet cover inside out, put your hands inside and grab hold of the two top corners.
- With your hands still inside the duvet cover, pick up the two top corners of your duvet.
- Hold on tightly to the corners and then flip the duvet cover right side out over the duvet. Shake it out so that the cover falls down the length of the duvet.
- Lay the duvet back on the bed and pull the rest of the cover down over the end of the duvet so that the corners are all in place.
- Do up the cover and then give the duvet a good shake to get everything settled in the right place.
The rolling way to put on a duvet cover:
- Lay your duvet cover out over your bed with the opening facing away from you.
- Place your duvet on top of the duvet cover.
- Make sure all the corners and edges are neatly aligned.
- Stand opposite the opening of the duvet cover and carefully roll the duvet and cover up together.
- Then put your hand into the duvet cover opening and pick up the roll. Flip the duvet cover over the bit of roll you are holding and continue along the roll until it is all covered.
- Unroll the duvet and duvet cover, then fasten the duvet cover up and give the duvet a good shake to even it out.